Baked Brie Jolly Jammer
19th December 2016
Baked brie with fig, balsamic vinegar and coriander flavoured onion jam
1 large wheel of brie, or 3 small ones
2 sheets puff pastry
170 g AB Products fig, balsamic vinegar and coriander flavoured onion jam
1 punnet fresh strawberries
1 punnet fresh blue berries/blackberries
200 g pecan nuts
Fresh mint for garnish
- Lay the first sheet of pastry onto a greased baking tray. Place the brie on top and then spread the jam on top of the cheese.
- Beat the egg and brush egg around the sides of the pastry. Lay the second sheet of pastry on top and seal the sides carefully. Use a fork to make a decorative edge and tuck in the pastry.
- Trim away excess pastry and keep aside for decoration on top.
- Score the top pastry with a sharp knife in a criss-cross pattern. Cut a small hole in the centre for steam and liquid to evaporate. Use excess pastry to make decoration on top and then brush with the remaining egg.
- Place the cheese and pastry pie into the fridge and chill well.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 °C. Once the oven is hot, bake the pie until golden brown (15 – 20 minutes).
- Allow to cool sufficiently, then serve on a large serving platter decorated with the fresh berries, nuts and mint.