Things to do in the Dark
20th March 2015
So what will you be doing during #EarthHour next Saturday, 28 March?
The WWF shares a list of 60 fun ways to keep you busy between 20:30 and 21:30 when in support of saving the earth, everyone is encouraged to turn off the lights.
Top of our list, of course, is to join us at Leopard’s Leap Family Vineyards to Dine in the Dark! Don’t delay, make your booking now – it will be the most fun and delicious way of doing the right thing! But if you really can’t make it, then see a few of our favourite things to do as selected from the WWF list.
- Go for a nature walk and see what night-time wildlife you can spot. Why not take inspiration from this special Earth Hour blog from Wildlife Kate.
- Taste session in the dark – can you guess what you’re eating? (At Leopard’s Leap you can book for a wine tasting in the dark! What is not to like about that?!)
- Improve your low light photography skills and take snaps of your candlelit evening, wildlife or the stars and share them with us. No camera? No problem – use a phone or tablet.
- Make your favourite cocktails or have a wine tasting night (Ahem, yes, that is what we will be doing!)
- Take our footprint calculator challenge and see how many planets you need to sustain your current lifestyle!
- Candlelit confessions! Want to tell all, well now is your chance – switch off the lights and confess your hidden secrets…
- Art in the dark – see what masterpiece you end up with
- Read your favourite story to the little ones or listen to our special ‘Just So’ celebrity narrated stories (which you’ll can enjoy as a free download when you sign up to Earth Hour)
- Have a bonfire with friends and family under the stars – or recreate indoors by toasting marshmallows by candlelight
- Try an al-fresco picnic under the stars